Monday, August 16, 2010

My Vision Book

Hi...I'm Tammy...and I'm a "mag"aholic... I admit that I have subscriptions to 5 different magazines because it will "save me money" and I wont have to buy them at the check-out. However, somehow those glossy magazines that I don't yet have a subscription to always seem to fall in my cart. Magazines are often a really quick "high", often times so filled with useless ads that within 10 mins, it's over. I have piles and piles of magazines. Martha Stewart's (1999-present) beautiful covers line my shelf and I can't seem to part with them. There is such joy that comes, when I open that mailbox to that perfectly wrapped in plastic magazine. The best part is that because I have five different subscriptions they all come at staggered times during the month. It's like presents keep arriving in the mail just for me! I believe that getting stuff in the mail (snail mail) is still far more exciting than receiving an email. I've always found use for my magazines when I've created my vision boards, clipping out things that I am hoping to attract into my life and pasting them to a canvas. This is a great way to send your intentions out to the universe. However, even after using some bits and pieces for my 8 X 10 vision board, I am still left with piles and piles of magazines! Then my friend Sunshine told me about this "scrapbook" that she started, in order to make use of all the magazines. She started clipping out any idea, recipe, design idea, craft or fashion that she liked from the magazine and glued them into the scrapbook in categories. She enjoyed it so much, she gave me a freshly recovered scrapbook for Christmas this year. I believe the vision book or scrapbook if you prefer, has several great purposes. First of all it's a great way to use the magazines, secondly it's a great way to get to know the things that you love and third it's a great resource for ideas (like recipes and crafts) and lastly its a wonderful way to send your intentions out to the universe. That's why I've decided to call it my vision book. I have a whole section on Christmas ideas that I love, kitchen and dining, bedroom ideas, hallways, crafts and gardening. The best part is that there are no rules so I can add new categories and paste anything I want into my vision book. Here's what you need to start your own vision book: 1. Get yourself a spiral bound sketch book 2. Recover it with beautiful bright wrapping paper or scrap booking paper (optional step) 3. Find some quiet time, I find that right before I go to sleep is a good time, I take even just one magazine and go through it for ideas I want to clip out. 4. Cut out images, glue or tape them in your book 5. Enjoy looking back at all the beautiful images you have compiled over time!

No comments:

Post a Comment