Wednesday, April 11, 2012

New Venture with Epicure Selections


Epicure Selections is a family owned, women-led, Canadian made company that I was introduced to years ago. The products promote a healthy living with low sodium spices and herb blends that also contain no MSG or added colors, flavors, oils, silicone dioxide or sulphites. If you have ever looked at a package of your regular old taco seasoning that we are all guilty for throwing mindlessly in the cart you would be astonished at the amount of sodium in that tiny little packet. Not to say that I live a salt free life but using some deliciious sea salt to season is a far cry from all those thousands of milligrams companies stick in there to preserve the products. Not to mention all those other ingredients they throw in that we can barely pronounce.

A little background on the company: Sylvie Rochette founded the company starting out with four hand-crafted spice blends sold from her station wagon at local markets and consumer trade shows, the products' overwhelming popularity soon prompted the creation of Epicure Selections® This wonderful company follows a party-plan direct sales model to distribute therefore is not found on supermarket shelves. If you can track down a local consultant (like myself) you can order their products directly from the catologue or a consultant like myself will be happy to bring a tasting party to your home. There are tons of benefits for hosting an epicure tasting party which I think is really fantastic. The first party I hosted at my house I earned over $100 worth of product and all I had to provide was a cucumber and some crackers...the consultant did the rest.

I can't say enough good things about this company so I wanted to be a part of it. Partly because of the health benefits but also for the products versatility. Take their pizza seasoning for instance (one of my favourites)Don't let the name fool you, this italian blend is great sprinkled on pizza but I have used it for dips, pasta's and breads. Their lemon dilly dip mix makes a great dip for veggies but I have sprinkled it on salmon, in my potato salad, egg salad and just the other day I made a crab salad (neptune salad) and the lemon dilly mixed with some maynonnaise and sour cream. It was delish!!! I could go on forever so I'll leave it at that for today with hopes that if you aren't familiar with their products you will check them out.

Epicure is available to order in Canada and if you’d like to place an order you can email me at tammysepicure@gmail.com or if you live near London, Ontario I would be happy to come and host a tasting party for you and your friends.

Visit Epicure www.epicureselections.com and tell me what you would love try!

No comments:

Post a Comment