Monday, December 14, 2009

Feeling Inspired By...Our Best Bites

So I've mentioned this site before because I just LOVE all of their great food ideas, the photography is great and there are some really wonderful gift ideas. This week I plan on doing a little baking and creating for gifts for my children's daycare teachers, as well as some other collegues, friends and acquaintances. Here are some great things I found on ourbestbites.com and I hope it inspires you as well.

These look delectable! They are called Easy Pretzel Turtles. Essentially you take a small pretzel and top it with a rolo, place them in a preheated 350 degree oven for around 3 mins. When the outside looks a bit melty, take them out and press a pecan half right in the middle!

I thought this was such a great idea for a gift, it's called fruity candied popcorn, which happens to be pretty easy as well. Using Jello powder as the secret ingredient! See http://www.ourbestbites.com/ for the tutorial on this.


Aren't these homemade marshmallows great !?! I thought it would be great, paired up with a nice gourmet hot chocolate mix and a beautiful mug for thoughtful Christmas present for teachers, or co-workers.

Okay, so this recipe is not as cut and dry as sticking a rolo on top of a pretzel but I thought they looked so pretty and delicious. ourbestbites, gives a recipe to make these brownies from scratch. I have to admit I was thinking about cheating and using a mix to make the brownie and then adding the pink peppermint frosting, chocolate and candycanes.

These darling little things are individual pies baked right in the mason jar! I thought this was a great gift idea for a hostess or a dessert idea if you happen to be hosting a holiday dinner of your own. There are a ton of great ideas on this site but these are just a few that I'm thinking about attempting in my holiday kitchen this week.



Love This Site!



1 comment: