"Your diamonds are not in far distant mountains or in yonder seas; they are in your own backyard, if you but dig for them."
Russell H. Conwell
1. A week off of work! Plans to get a manicure, dress shopping, jazzercising and organising. Some photography practice perhaps and curling up in bed with my coffee and a huge stack of magazines to work on my scrapbook.
2. Alex the love of my life, who makes me laugh and who's hug still makes me feel like that young girl who first fell in love with him 8 years ago.
3. Jalen, and his long tales of imagination about monsters and dinosaurs, his flair with words and dramatic expressions. A "boy" through and through, and I swear we didn't push him that way...we are all for boys playing with dolls and dressing up like princesses! He loves swords and jumping from the top of the stairs and pretending to be a monster.
4. Ruby, her mess of curls in the morning, her hysterical giggle, her sweet snuggle and the way she nurtures all of us. Sometimes I look at her sweet face and my heart swells with so much love my eyes well up with tears.
5. Getting a head start on my spring cleaning with Ruby's room yesterday, pulling everything out and wiping it down, sweeping under her dresser (found some interesting things under there)
6. Tulip leaves poking up in the garden! Spring is coming!!
7. Finally finding a workout that I enjoy and I am committed to...Jazzercise! Meeting Stacey and Kelly there, laughing and groaning over sore muscles together. Yes...Jazzercise that one from the 80's! It's actually fun and its a tough workout...not Jane Fonda style at all.
8. Although reluctant at first, growing to love the "juicer" Alex got. Freshly squeezed juice in the morning is definitely growing on me. This morning I'm drinking an Apple, orange, peach, pear, carrots, strawberry and kiwi juice!
9. My spring magazines all arriving in the mail, I have subscriptions to country living, everyday food, house beautiful and chatelaine. Everyday I open the mailbox to see the fresh glossy magazine I am filled with joy.
10. Afternoon naps on rainy days
What are you grateful for today?