Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Simple pleasures for Summer

"I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June!"~ L. M. Montgomery





Being pregnant has definitely put a damper on some of the splendour this summer, the swollen ankles just don't make me want to run through the sprinkler. However, there are some simple pleasures that even I can manage this summer that I wanted to share. Take for instance my most favourite summer bbq item as pictured above. Portobello mushroom "burgers" with goat cheese and roasted red peppers! I made little portobello sliders the other night on mini ciabatta buns with a few slices of portobello, grilled red pepper and goat cheese...DELISH! You must try this.



www.realsimple.com

Try making your own iced coffee in a martini shaker!


www.realsimple.com


Popsicle drip catchers out of cupcake liners! Why didn't I think of that???


www.realsimple.com
Create a bubble symphony with a kazoo!



www.marthastewart.com
Use simple glass jars to create a "chandalier" of candles hanging from a patio umbrella, I love this.

http://www.justbesplendid.tumblr.com/

Delight in sipping this Sangria made with peach schnapps and white wine with fresh fruit...I will wait until after the baby is born of course.

www.realsimple.com


Use hollowed out frozen citrus to serve ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment