Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I heart iPad

For Mothers Day my hubby A surprised me with my most favorite "thing" I have ever owned, an iPad. I remember Oprah raving about them when they first came out and I believe everyone got one on her favorite things show. I get it now. I am thrilled with how I feel like I have everything I need in the palm of my hand. What am I up to with this little contraption? I have downloaded Justin Biebers new single "turn to you." Proceeds from the single go towards saving Bethesda here in my home town of London, ON. Justin Biebers mother stayed at Bethesda as a teen while she was pregnant with him.

Blogging on this great app called "blogsy"

Sharing photos instantly on instagram

Last night I downloaded an audio meditation by Louise Hay and it helped me fall asleep!

I also found this amazing book on iTunes for my kids by Dr.Wayne Dyer that helps them get in touch with their inner selves in a way that is easy for kids to get. At the end there are questions that get them thinking about stuff like what are their passions and what are ways you can help others.

Sometimes we plug into our gadgets to unplug from our real life but I dont feel that is the case with the iPad. I know it's just a "thing" but it's helped me connect with many of the things I am so passionate about, including my children. We've read books together and played games, we've purchased a few of their favorite songs on iTunes for impromptu dance parties. From music, to reading, writing and even meditating, I am so thrilled and I recommend the iPad whole heartedly.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment